HEY GET OFF MY BLOG!






Sunday, March 14, 2010

Conditioning

I think that conditioning really testifies to the fact that humans take in everything that they sense and "create" reality. For example a person comes home from work and has a cig. The person gets a great feeling from getting off of work and the cig may add to it a little bit. The person then needs a cig every time they come home to get that same "high".

I also think that conditioning reviles the basic motivation for every human action. In one way or another get high. I don't want anyone to limit this to getting high off of a drug; it can include this but it is not limited to. Whether it's the good feeling someone gets from donating money, the high that a cop gets from busting a drug house, or the high a terrorist gets out of blowing up a car full of soldiers. While I agree that they are all different highs everyone is just looking for their fix. I just depends on through your life what the highs have been associated to. Say there is a 8 year old that gets a special award for getting good grades. The bigger "high" the kid gets off of it the stronger the association is. This may result in the kid getting much better grades in the future if the trigger (of getting good grades) is strong enough.

Reality is fluid. And humans just learn and react to their reality.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% happiness is a high. a 'high' is just an elevation in emotion or state. so therefor anything you do to make yourself happy or whatever is solely for the sake 'to get high' and it doesn't have to drugs as you mentioned. I mean hell look at me. Everyone knows how i feel about drugs and I am agreeing with you sean. Drugs aren't the only thing you get high off of. I get 'high' off of working out. My exercise is my way of relieving stress and staying in shape. my high comes from staying in shape and getting stronger.

    And this goes back to my point about motivation and immediate gradification (check out my blog) everything is for a reward!! even if youre intrinsicly motivated you get 'high' (your increase in knowledge) by pursuing your interest or blah. Everything is for a reward now the only question though is... do you want your reward later when you do more work and the reward means more (IE going to college and get a degree) or.... are you the I WANT IT NOW!!! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!

    ReplyDelete